Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Paint Sets - Part 3






























These are all of my non Winsor & Newton palettes. The top one is a metal Holbein palette that I use for workshops. Below that is a John Pike model that serves as my regular studio palette. I took a workshop from Robert E. Wood many years ago. I bought his palette at that time, and had him sign it for me.

I was teaching a workshop in Vermont for Holbein a few years ago and had the opportunity to buy a unique item: I one off prototype of a non-folding metal palette. I used it as my workshop palette for a while. Now it resides on my studio wall. Holbein also makes the next traveling paint box. It contains half pans, brushes, a water bottle and some generous mixing areas, in a handsome folding container, and a nice nylon logo bag.

The bottom set is another unusual item: it is a "Traveling Studio" by Alwyn Crawshaw, consisting of a glass flask, a chrome water cup, a tiny aluminum palette box with six half pans, and a space for a brush and a sketchbook, all contained in a leatherette case with a shoulder strap. This was given to me by the Daler Rowney representative and is one of my favorite kits.


1 comment:

  1. Palettes to an artist is like fishing lures to a fisherman you can't have enough. I have a collection myself. I really like your blog and have been viewing it for a long time. I just started my own blog and am now able to comment now and again to others.

    ReplyDelete