Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Paint Sets - Part 2

























Here are some of my metal boxes, an d some of my vintage boxes. The top one is a vintage Winsor & Newton box that I had refinished. It came in two parts: the main box that contained small tubes of paint, and the top part that consisted of a fold out palette.

The next two are vintage boxes that a friend gave me. They are quite old and unused. One of them still has the wrappers around the half-pans.

I regularly use the bottom three. They are all made by Winsor & Newton. The bottom one was given to me by another friend and was so old that the paints were in ceramic pans. They didn't survive the renovation of the paint box however.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing collection! May I ask what you use for refinishing the boxes. I have a few vintage boxes in a sad condition myself but havent found a good enough spray on enamel to make the move.

    ReplyDelete