Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some New Artwork















































Here is what I am doing now: collages that combine a primary image with a number of smaller images of different views of the same subject. This idea is an outgrowth of some of my earlier paintings where I included small study sketches and notes. Those were usually quick pen or pencil studies and typically in black and white. I wanted to create more interest with this new series and decided to explore doing these little thumbnail sketches in color, and doing more than just subtle variations on the main image. The idea is to tell more of a story. For example, one painting features a sketch of Los Angeles Union Station. Above it are small studies done from inside the train as I rode it down to San Diego on Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment