Monday, March 3, 2014

Watercolor Workshop at Creative Arts Group























Every once in a while I teach a class at the Creative Arts Group in Sierra Madre. These are images from Wednesday night, February 19, 2014. I like to be organized so I get there an hour before class starts so I can get things set up. I will usually pin up a number of completed paintings in order to show everyone my painting style, and I arrange my painting equipment on the work table so everything is close at hand.

The subject was a collection of old houses in Keeler, California. I did a small study in my Aquabee Sketchbook as a practice, and to illustrate to the class the advantages of fleshing out the composition, the values and to colors before painting the final version. The final painting was done on 140# Fabriano cold press watercolor paper.


3 comments:

  1. It would be so interesting to watch you paint and be in one of your classes....front row seat!
    Please, any news on your doings with the Holbein videos you had mentioned some time back? Probably about as close as I'll get to taking a class by you so I've been waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie,

    Thank you. I haven't heard yet about eh Holbein videos.

    ReplyDelete