Monday, March 3, 2014

Watercolor Workshop at Creative Arts Group























Every once in a while I teach a class at the Creative Arts Group in Sierra Madre. These are images from Wednesday night, February 19, 2014. I like to be organized so I get there an hour before class starts so I can get things set up. I will usually pin up a number of completed paintings in order to show everyone my painting style, and I arrange my painting equipment on the work table so everything is close at hand.

The subject was a collection of old houses in Keeler, California. I did a small study in my Aquabee Sketchbook as a practice, and to illustrate to the class the advantages of fleshing out the composition, the values and to colors before painting the final version. The final painting was done on 140# Fabriano cold press watercolor paper.


4 comments: