Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The New Studio











Here is my new studio in the den of our 1959 mid-century modern home. The shelves on the left contain my art books, notebooks, bookshelf stereo and art supplies. I designed the worktable and had a friend make it for me. IKEA wooden critique rails line the walls and display both finished and in-progress paintings. The easel is for working on large abstract acrylic paintings. My Joe Columbo taboret sits in the center of the space and can roll around as needed. A skylight illuminates the room by day, and a collection of Artemide work lights does the job by night. I open the sliding glass door as I work, so there is always a nice fresh breeze.

This is a lot different from my original garage studio. There is less room, and I can't smoke a cigar here, but it is now in the house, close to the action, well lit, and very organized.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice, remember what Mies Van der Rohe said "Less is More". And the deck is a few steps away to have cigar now and again.

    ReplyDelete